PTSD TRAUMA EXPERIENCE - MATTHEW MATT LINDGREN
Matthew Matt Lindgren offers therapy treatment for trauma disorders such as posttraumtic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety disorders, panic disorder in Oakland. He also provides couples therapy.
Matthew Matt Lindgren has extensive training and experience treating people recovering from a wide variety of traumatic events, including:
- Adult survivors of childhood physical, sexual, and emotional abuse
- Military combat veterans and police officers
- Survivors of domestic violence
- Survivors of sexual assault
- Adult children of parents suffering from severe mental health conditions, including alcohol or substance abuse and dependence, borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia
- Survivors of car accidents
Matthew Matt Lindgren treats PTSD and anxiety disorders using an ecletic variety of treatments, including:
- EMDR - eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Prolonged exposure therapy
- Counting Method and Progressive Counting
- Systematic Desensitaztion and exposure therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Somatic Therapy - including Somatic Experiencing
Matthew Matt Lindgren has helped people recovering from PTSD throughout his entire clinical career. He completed an internship at ABC Family Solutions, an agency that helps families involved in the foster care system who are dealing with trauma and violence. Matthew Matt Lindgren founded Blackbird Family Therapy, an agency that originally provided psychotherapy to victims of violent crimes in Oakland. The agency now provides trainings to people who work in caring professions. Matthew Matt Lindgren serves an instructor teaching care takers how to manage the effects of vicarious trauma while helping others.
Matthew Matt Lindgren is licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist, #46949, and holds a master's degree in Clinical Psychology from New College of Califonia.